Wednesday, June 25, 2008

ATTITUDE

9:30 a.m. - Oh heavens does Tru Legacy have a temper. Last night her daddy tried to bring her into our bedroom to cuddle with us, as we usually do before she goes to bed, she stopped right in the middle of the doorway, turned around and ran into her room. Scottie lee tried to follow her but, she slammed the door before he could get through it. I laughed of course, but noted the late coming terrible twos. I waited for them last year about this time & was thankful they never showed up. They are here now, for sure! This morning I told her she was going to have to wait for her oatmeal to cool & she flipped out, started screaming, and stopped away. I ignored her & she ran into the master bedroom, she turned the television on, changed the channel to PBS, crawled onto the bed, & is still waiting there. I'd better get her set up for breakfast. . . . . . . . . . . . . .
10:30 a.m. - That was easy enough. She does so well feeding herself. She won't let me help her anymore, so I just sit & watch. She squishes up her face when I try to move the food around so it's easier for her to get. Then she'll throw the spoon down and just use her hands the entire time, so I don't touch her food. I love that little squished up face she makes. It's better than her screaming, she's got a set of lungs on her. If we happen to be out in the store & she starts screaming I place two fingers over her lips and correct her. It worked really well last week in the Dollar Store. I'll see if it works on our weekly trip to the grocery store today.

~IN THE PEACE & QUIET OF THE NIGHT~
Tru did really well today. I took her to the public pool for the first time. She had a blast! She hated when the lifeguards took their 20 minute lunch & everyone had to get out. I sang some songs and gave her cookies, but nothing could take her mind off of the water & why she had to get out of it. I reapplied her sunscreen at that time but forgot to do her face. It's pink as hell now. : (
I feel so bad. I have aloe though and I've applied it a couple of times. I'm thinking tomorrow is going to have to be a mostly inside day for her. After we got done swimming we went to the grocery store & her behavior was remarkable. I think she was too tired to care what was going on cause the air conditioning felt great. Overall, today was great fun. There were a couple of incidents at the pool that were a lil' dramatic, but nothing too over the top. She calmed down when I explained what was happening or gonna happen & of course sang to her. I'm exhausted myself, so Good Night. . . .

No comments: