Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Visit to Riley's Children's Hospital

Well everything went smoothly on our trip to Riley's this year. No getting lost the the bad parts of town. Tru and Tre' were both well behaved in the back seat on the way up and back. No screaming fits or crying. The visit with the doctor was good. They couldn't get an ABR test scheduled for that day, so I'm waiting for them to call, if they don't call by the end of the week, I'm calling them. I did tell them about my concern about Tru having headache. Since she has gotten her glasses them seem to have subsided, but she still gets them every now and then. I feel so bad for her when they bother her. She just puts her little hand either on the side of her head or on her forehead, depending on what type of headache it is I guess. I wish she could tell me so I knew for sure. The doctor said that they could put her on a daily medication that would stop the headaches all together, but at what cost I wonder. I told her if the headaches every started occurring daily, we would revisit that issue but until then. . . every time she gets a headache, she gets a dose of Tylenol, and I lay with her in a dark room and hold her close to me. At school , the plan is to let her lay down in the isolation room without the lights on and have one of the ladies sit with her & comfort her. If it doesn't improve in an hour or so, I would come and get her. It hasn't come to that though. Like I said the glasses have really improved the symptoms. I'm keeping track of it now & the teacher haven't mentioned anything to me yet, so we carry on. . .

~Have a great Day~

No comments: