Wednesday, April 2, 2008

A break from the gloomy weather

FINALLY, a nice day. Tru throughly enjoyed it. She rode her little Dora 4-wheeler around the yard for a half hour. Thank goodness we have a big yard. I even got to work in my flower bed a little. The sun was shining and there wasn't a cold breeze. Tru got tired of riding her 4-wheeler when I kept steering her toward the house. She slide off and started walking around in the yard. We walked up the gravel road a little and I made her turn around. I would have walked farther but I forgot the wagon and didn't want to have to carry her back too far. On the way back up the road she kept sitting down and looking back down the other way. I ended up carrying her most of the way back to the house. She got distracted by Daddy's junk that was piled up under the leanto and started going through stuff. I steer her toward her toys but she kept going back under the leanto. That's when I realized that she was trying to get to the swing that isn't set up yet. Well she just didn't understand that it was too heavy for Mommy to set up, and became irate. That's when I figured it was time for a nap and took her in. I gave her a cup and helped her take off her shoes. She crawled right up in bed and laid her head on the pillow. She was out in no time and it's no wonder. It's been a busy day for the both of us. I helped her draw a picture after she fed herself. Then we played with the ball, spinner, and blocks. She painted the picture, with lots of assistance and singing silly songs. Then I cleaned up while she watched Dora. She got bored with that easily and kept going to the door, so that's when we went outside. And now more than half the day is gone, but it was well spent. Well since Tru is napping and the cleaning is done, I have to go feed the ducks and fill up their water. No rest until I'm dead.

No comments: